Witness An Amazing Experience While Scuba Diving in Andaman

Scuba diving is one of the most adventurous activities in the world. I only saw scuba diving on television, YouTube, and other types of media. One of my biggest dreams was to dive once in my life.  Finally, I decided to do Scuba in Havelock, Andaman. I searched for Scuba diving in Andaman and Nicobar Islands and found Seahawks Scuba.

scuba divers in sea
Scuba in Andaman

I got up early in the morning and went to seahawks, my divemaster was waiting for me at the dive center. First, they gave me a form to fill. This is extremely important as people may have health issues such as lungs problem, eye problems, heart problems, etc.
  Such persons require a certificate of medical fitness from a physician. Thankfully I was fit, and couldn’t wait to go on my dream dive. 

I was given a wetsuit to maintain my body temperature when I entered the water, a pair of fins to move effortlessly through the water. Then my divemaster and I went to the beach. At the beach, in the shallow water, I was given a pre-dive training session. This training session was the most important session of the entire dive. In order to scuba dive, we specialized equipment is used, like air tanks, regulators, masks, fins, etc. The purpose of the training session was to familiarize myself with all this new equipment and become comfortable in its use, allowing me to relax and breathe effectively. 

Thus, reducing my air consumption. Additionally, I was taught at the time of the dive, the equipment was set up. I put on my tank, mask, fins and sat at the side of the boat, and “back rolled” into the deep blue sea.  My divemaster was waiting for me in the water. Havelock is the perfect spot for Deep sea diving in India.

I was a little apprehensive about the entry method but when I actually executed it, it was exhilarating. When we began our descent my divemaster was holding me, I remember the water slowly creeping up my neck, mouth, eyes and finally, it went over my head and I was completely submerged…I felt as though I had entered another world. 

I felt free, absolutely weightless like I was an astronaut in outer space.  I noticed my ears started to pain and communicated that to my divemaster. He immediately stopped my descent and we slowly ascended till the pain disappeared. We then attempted to descend again, with my divemaster constantly reminding us to equalize and asking me if my ears were okay. We managed to reach our maximum depth of 10 m.

two-scuba-divers-in-sea
Coral Reefs

    I looked all around me and thought to myself “Oh my god! I’m in the realm of the ocean”.  I saw the reefs I saw the fishes I saw… so many things that I couldn’t recognize. We are slowly moved closer to the reef I was mesmerized by the beauty of the corals, they were present in various shapes, sizes and so many vibrant colors. One looked like a human brain, another looked like the horns of a deer, there were still others that resembled trees and stars. 

Unfortunately, not all the coals I saw were living. The reef was teeming with fishes that used it as hunting grounds as well as shelter. I saw a large grouper, a small group of butterflyfish in variety of colors that looked so beautiful it took my breath away. My divemaster even showed me clownfish, better known as “Neemo” in all its orange and white glory.  Seriously, the Andaman sea offers unexpected and the best places for scuba diving in Andaman

We just sat and watched them for a few minutes, then slowly moved away. A sudden movement in the corner of my eye caught my attention. We quickly followed this blur across the reef, It was almost as if this mysterious creature was playing hide and seek with us, then all of a sudden it disappeared, on closer inspection of the reef we found our mystery creature was an octopus, which had now camouflaged itself. What a wonderful creature, eventually it got bored of us and scuttled away.

bunch of fishes in sea
Magnificent Marine Life

 As our dive came to an end, I managed to see a parrotfish, a couple of puffers, and a scorpionfish. When my divemaster signaled that the dive was over and it was time to return to the surface I reluctantly followed him, but throughout the ascent, I kept wishing I didn’t have to go back. 

        I managed to fulfill one of my dreams, scuba diving is an amazing experience, and I won’t forget it for the rest of my life. More than 70% of the Earth’s surface is covered by the ocean, don’t miss out on the opportunity to explore it. how to clear water from my mask and how to clear my regulator. 

The most important thing my divemaster taught me was to breathe continuously and never hold my breath underwater. As it isn’t possible to talk underwater, we use hand signals the signals like “ok”, “not ok”, “go up”, “go down” etc. to communicate. Check out Scuba diving in Andaman price to get in some of the most daring scuba diving activities in Andaman. 

These signals are essential particularly if we are uncomfortable or distressed underwater and need to let our divemaster know. After about an hour of training, I was finally ready to enter the majestic realm of the ocean.



Post a Comment

0 Comments